Vacancy: Food Supplements and Non-Prescriptive Medicine Category Director
We are looking for Food Supplements and Non-Prescriptive Medicine Category Director, who will be responsible for development and execution of the sales and marketing plan to deliver a commercial success including operating profit for Syntes and our strategic Partners in the category of food supplements, over-the-counter (OTC) and non-prescriptive medicine products. The Food Supplements and Non-Prescriptive MedicineCategory Director develops and manages marketing budget for this category products, coordinates marketing activities with Sales and Marketing Director and marketing team to ensure effective use of available marketing budgets. This role controls pricing strategy for food supplements, OTC and non-prescriptive medicine products at multiple sales channels managed by Syntes.
The ideal candidate is a food supplements’ expert, who is well versed in the trends of this market, with extensive experience in sales and product marketing of relevant products. The candidate has experience in the e-commerce market, possesses good analytical and communication skills.
- Management of the food supplements and OTC medical products category
- Developing and implementing sales and marketing plan for the product category to deliver targeted sales and financial results within selected ecommerce and marketplace channels (P&L responsibility).
- Managing marketing budgets for assigned product category in collaboration with Partners, Syntes Sales and Marketing Director and Syntes Digital Commerce marketing team.
- Monitoring and establishing retail prices for category products in different ecommerce channels.
- Managing day-to-day communications and relationships with Partner executives, sales, marketing, and operations teams.
- Negotiating sales and marketing plans, marketing budgets and the terms of Syntes services with Partners.
- Conducting market and competitive analysis in assigned category to identify and explore new opportunities for partners’ acquisitions.
- Preparing product purchase forecasts for assigned brands.
- Providing regular product trainings for sales, marketing and customer support teams, assessing their knowledge of products through tests and exams.
- Business planning and reporting
- Periodic sales and marketing planning and budgeting.
- Periodic business reporting.
- 7+ years of experience in Sales/Product Marketing/Category Management in digital commerce or products distribution business
- 3+ years of experience as a Product Marketing Manager or a Product Manager or a Channel Manager with Food Supplements/OTC Medical Products/Pharmaceutical manufacturing or distribution companies.
- In-depth and up-to-date knowledge of the food supplements and OTC medical products market, trends, main user segments, online and offline sales and marketing channels, key industry events
- Proven records of success as Product Manager or Product Marketing Manager
- Excellent analytical and communications skills
- Solid project management skills
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in business, engineering, technology or related field
- Positive attitude
- Good team member
Work schedule, employment, and compensation
This position requires a candidate able to work 40 hours per week (working either at the HQ office in Bethesda, Maryland, USA or remotely) and to travel periodically (within continental US states and internationally). Compensation package includes competitive monthly salary (based on candidate’s experience) and periodic bonuses for achieving goals.
To apply for a vacancy, fill out the contact form or send us your resume with cover letter to [email protected]
Established in 2019, Syntes is a global provider of cloud-based Syntes MDM data management software and ecommerce services. Our Direct-to-Customer (D2C) solutions help global brands and product manufacturers to manage their omnichannel ecommerce businesses, including the development of official ecommerce shops and integration of marketplaces storefronts in multiple countries.
Our solutions are designed to create authentic brand experiences across different digital sales channels, including official ecommerce shops, mobile apps and marketplace storefronts. We manage product inventory, integration with suppliers, logistics and fulfillment, performance marketing and trade promotions on behalf of our brand customers.
With over a decade of experience in the ecommerce industry, our team is dedicated to helping our customers succeed in today’s rapidly changing digital commerce landscape. We provide our customers with competitive advantages by expanding their customer reach to new markets and countries, decreasing time-to-market for new products, increasing purchase conversion rates, and reducing operating costs.